Sunday, November 28, 2010

Stormy Seas

I have not so much been delinquent in my blogging as my sewing. I have decided to try to make a few kits becuase deciding what to make has proven more difficult than I anticipated. There was a kit on Connecting Threads that I really liked, but it was always out of stock. However, the component fabrics were all in stock, so I ordered the parts.

The pattern is a modified version of the Storm at Sea pattern, using primarily blue and purple batiks. I drew up the paper patterns and set to work on sewing the pieces. After some concentrated work and serious frustration, I have 16 small squares, 24 rectangles, and 9 large squares.







Next week the assembly will begin!

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely. Great fabrics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and big congrats to Ix on the Nanowrimo Win!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete