Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thanksgiving Table Pad

My best friend and I have coffee together most Tuesdays, one of which happened to be the day I received my Connecting Threads order. She indulged my desire to look at all of the pretty new fabric, including some batiks with a swirl motif, commenting on how nice the orange-gold and turquoise looked together.


I had quite enjoyed making the Christmas table pad, and that type of project seemed like a great option for these fabrics. The pattern is made entirely of half-square triangles arranged to create concentric squares. 32 back to back squares to make 64 half-square triangles. Here are the HST's all stacked up and ready to go:

The back and the binding are an orange-on-orange fabric, also from Connecting Threads. The quilting is about 1/8 inch in the smaller gold squares.


My lack of a walking foot for my sewing machine didn't seem to be much of an obstacle this time.


The finished product is approximately 16" by 16". My hope to have it ready for Thanksgiving Sunday dinner and Michelle and Adam's place didn't quite come together, but better late than never!

3 comments:

  1. And it is so super gorgeous! I can't believe I haven't thanked you for it yet, I love it :) It will hold a place of honour on my table (and conveniently cover one of the burn marks... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice.
    It's amazing what those HST's can do.
    Lucky recipient :)
    You are so much a quilter, Meredith. No surprise to me.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is gorgeous and perfect for thanksgiving. We look forward to seeing the new Christmas ones.

    ReplyDelete